This is not a Shell website. You Can Be Sure Shell does not endorse or approve of this site, or its content. Royal Dutch Shell Plc threatened to take legal action in the event of publication. All bluster and bluff thus far. There are no subscription charges nor do we solicit or accept donations. It is a non-commercial entirely free to use website drawing attention to Shell’s toxic Nazi history. The Shell logo image with the white text used on this website, as per the above example, is in the public domain because its copyright has expired and its author is anonymous. It can be found on WIKIMEDIA COMMONS. Link to Shell’s own website: shell.com
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL FOUNDER SIR HENRI DETERDING, NAZI FINANCIER
NAZI HISTORY OF ROYAL DUTCH SHELL
Royal Dutch Shell conspired directly with Hitler, financed the Nazi Party, was anti-Semitic and sold out its own Dutch Jewish employees to the Nazis. Shell had a close relationship with the Nazis during and after the reign of Sir Henri Deterding, an ardent Nazi, and the founder and decades-long leader of the Royal Dutch Shell Group. His burial ceremony, which had all the trappings of a state funeral, was held at his private estate in Mecklenburg, Germany. The spectacle (photographs below) included a funeral procession led by a horse-drawn funeral hearse with senior Nazis officials and senior Royal Dutch Shell directors in attendance, Nazi salutes at the graveside, swastika banners on display and wreaths and personal tributes from Adolf Hitler and Reichsmarschall, Hermann Goring. Deterding was an honoured associate and supporter of Hitler and a personal friend of Goring.
Deterding was the guest of Hitler during a four-day summit meeting at Berchtesgaden. Sir Henri and Hitler both had ambitions on Russian oil fields. Only an honoured personal guest would be rewarded with a private four-day meeting at Hitler’s mountain top retreat.
Shell appeased and collaborated with the Nazis. The oil giant instructed its employees in the Netherlands to complete a form giving particulars about their descent, which for some, amounted to a self-declared death warrant. Shell used slave labour and was a close business partner in Germany of I.G. Farben, the notorious Nazi run chemical giant that also used slave labour and supplied the Zyklon-B gas used during the Holocaust to exterminate millions of people, including children. Shell continued the partnership with the Nazis in the years after the retirement of Sir Henri and even after his death. It was money generated on Shell forecourts around the world, profiteering from cartel oil prices, that funded the Nazi party and saved it from financial collapse. Evidence about Shell’s Nazi connections can be found in extracts from “A History of Royal Dutch Shell” Volumes 1 and 2 authored by historians paid by Shell, who had unrestricted access to Shell archives. There are 67 pages in total, so takes some time to download.
Photograph (full size here) shows a Swastika flag flying at the head office of Royal Dutch Petroleum, 30 Carel van Bylandtlaan, The Hague, during the Nazi occupation of the in World War II (From Image Database Hague Municipal)
Sir Henri Deterding (photograph above and oil painting below), the founder of the Royal Dutch Shell Group – known as “The Most Powerful Man in the World” – who became an ardent Nazi and financial supporter of Hitler and the Nazi party on behalf of his beloved company, Shell.
NAZI GERMANY NEWS NOW
HITLER & THE THIRD REICH
- Anti-Defamation League calls Nazi comparisons 'offensive' after Fried compares DeSantis to Hitler January 17, 2022 10:11 pm WTSP - Florida During an interview with NPR's Florida Roundup, Fried compared the governor's actions to Adolf Hitler's rise to power. FLORIDA, USA — Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' office responded to comments made last week by Democratic …
- Former London mayor Ken Livingstone ‘will apply’ to join Greens January 17, 2022 11:19 am The Guardian Ken Livingstone, the former mayor of London who was suspended from Labour over comments about Hitler supporting Zionism, has said he will apply to join the Green party. Describing himself as “both green and red”, he told the Guardian: “I genuinely think we …
- Fate of Nazi-looted Pissarro to be decided by US supreme court January 17, 2022 5:04 am EIN Presswire Depicting a rainswept Paris street, the Nazi-looted painting has long hung on the walls of one of Madrid’s top art museums. Its fate is now in the hands of the highest court in the US, in a case that has long pitted the Spanish institution against the …
- Florida Governor's Race Candidate Compares DeSantis to Hitler for 'Abuse of Power' January 16, 2022 1:22 am Sputnik News https://sputniknews.com/20220116/florida-governors-race-candidate-compares-desantis-to-hitler-for-abuse-of-power-1092286550.html Florida Governor's Race Candidate Compares DeSantis to Hitler for 'Abuse of Power' Florida Governor …
- In London, the world’s oldest Holocaust archive is still collecting material January 15, 2022 5:19 pm The Times of Israel LONDON (JTA) — There are two sketches of Philipp Manes, a leading early-20th-century German-Jewish businessman, in the notebooks that he kept with him during his two-year imprisonment at the Theresienstadt transit camp. Both are drawn shortly before Manes …
- It took the Nazis 90 minutes to approve the "Final Solution", but after the war almost none could remember the Wannsee Conference January 17, 2022 2:14 pm Romea.cz Some of the head Nazis who attended the 1942 Wannsee Conference also met each other at different events and parties before then. This 1937 photograph of one such gathering was taken by the Interior Ministry of the Nazi German Reich. (PHOTO: SV-Bilderdienst …
- Biden has been a 'bigot' and 'propagandist' throughout his entire career in politics: Mark Levin January 17, 2022 3:04 am EIN Presswire ‘Life, Liberty & Levin’ host rips the left’s ‘demonizing’ rhetoric attacking American principles. Mark Levin blasted President Biden Sunday as an incoherent "bigot" who has remained so for his entire career in politics on Sunday's " …
- Hindutva is European Fascism at work in India January 16, 2022 6:13 pm EIN Presswire by Bhabani Shankar Nayak 16 January 2022 The Hindutva draws its ideological inspiration from the European fascist organisations like the National Fascist Party/Republican Fascist Party in Italy and the Italian Social Republic under Benito Mussolini …
- DeSantis Democrat challenger compares him to Hitler: 'In a lot of ways' January 15, 2022 8:14 pm Fox News Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis takes on criticism of his leadership on COVID-19. NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Florida agriculture commissioner and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Nikki Fried sat down for an interview Friday and compared …
- How Edward VIII KEPT HRH title after abdication... as the Queen strips Andrew of his January 14, 2022 9:41 pm Daily Mail He was the king who gave up everything for love – the man who turned away from the English throne to marry the woman he wanted. King Edward VIII opted to abdicate in 1936 after less than a year on the throne so he could make American divorcee Wallis …
- A History of Royal Dutch Shell
- Adolf Hitler
- Alfred Donovan
- Alfred Rosenberg
- Ben van Beurden
- Bill Campbell
- Bing Crosby
- Business Ethics
- Business Principles
- Castle Dobbin
- Charlotte-Minna Knaack
- Corrib Gas Project
- Deutsche Gasolin A.G.
- Donald G. Lane
- Dr George Bell
- Dr. Erich Boeder
- Dr. John Huong
- Ed Vulliamy
- Eva Braun
- Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel
- Fritz De Kok
- General Alfred Jodl
- Groningen Earthquakes
- Hakluyt & Company
- Hauptmann Eckhardt von Klass
- Heinrich Himmler
- Hermann Göring
- Human Rights
- I.G. Farben
- IG Farben
- John Donovan
- John Donovan Ebook
- Joost Jonker
- Kelling Hall
- Luiten van Zanden
- Mein Kampf
- Michiel Brandjes
- Nazi Winter Help Organisation
- Niger Delta
- Nuremberg War Crimes Trials
- Oleg Mitvol
- Peter Voser
- Pieter Schelte
- Pieter Schelte Heerema
- President Putin
- Prince Bernhard
- Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
- Queen Wilhelmina
- Robert Finn
- Rominten Hunting Lodge
- Royal Dutch Petroleum Company
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Royal Dutch Shell Group
- Shell Oil
- Shell Reserves Fraud
- Shell Spying
- Sir Henri Deterding
- Sir Henri Deterding and the Nazi History Royal Dutch Shell
- Sir Henri Deterding Funeral
- Sir Mark Moody-Stuart
- Sir Philip Watts
- Slave labor
- Standard Oil
- Stephen Howarth
- Swastika flag
- The Angriff Nazi newspaper
- The Holocaust
- The Nazi Party
- The Nazis
- The Netherlands
- The Reichstag fire
- Volkischer Beobachter
- Walter C. Teagel
- World War 2
- Yes Men
- YOU CAN BE SURE OF SHELL
- Zyklon-B gas
OVER 500 EXTERNAL PUBLICATIONS CITING OUR SHELL WEBSITES
See our link list of over 500 articles by the FT, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg, Forbes, Dow Jones Newswires, New York Times, CNBC etc, plus UK House of Commons Select Committee Hansard records, information on U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission website etc. all containing references to our Shell focussed websites, or our website founders Alfred and John Donovan. Includes TV documentary features in English and German, newspaper and magazine articles, radio interviews, newsletters etc. Plus academic papers, Stratfor intelligence reports and UK, U.S. and Australian state/parliamentary publications, also citing our Shell websites. Click on this link to see the entire list, all in date order with a link to an index of over 100 books also containing references to our websites and/or our activities.
John Donovan, the website owner
A head-cut image of Alfred Donovan (now deceased) appears courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.
Category Archives: Sir Henri Deterding and the Nazi History Royal Dutch Shell
SUMMARY OF FEATURED CONTENT FROM THE EBOOK “SIR HENRI DETERDING AND THE NAZI HISTORY OF ROYAL DUTCH SHELL”
Deterding’s massive funding for Hitlers Winterhilfswerk (added 2 Aug 2019)
Royal Dutch Shell Corporate Collaboration with the Nazis: added Oct 2021
Operation Carthage, on 21 March 1945, was a British air raid on Copenhagen, Denmark during the Second World War which caused significant collateral damage. The target of the raid was the Shellhus, used as Gestapo headquarters in the city centre. It was used for the storage of dossiers and the torture of Danish citizens during interrogations. The Danish Resistance had long asked the British to conduct a raid against the site. The building was destroyed, 18 prisoners were freed and anti-resistance Nazi activities were disrupted.
Royal Dutch Shell should apologise for antisemitic conduct and Nazi support
By John Donovan
I strongly believe that Royal Dutch Shell should be held accountable for its outrageous antisemitic actions against its own employees, which cost some of them their lives. The same applies to Shell’s huge financial support for Nazi Germany that contributed to the deaths of some 50 million victims in WW2 including those poor souls who perished in the Holocaust. Shell’s leader, Sir Henri Deterding, was an ardent Nazi feted by Adolf Hitler. Shell has never apologised or expressed any remorse.
The above screenshot is from an article published by the Financial Times on 5 February 2015.
Extract from the article: “Royal Dutch Shell is facing a storm of criticism after deciding to proceed with plans to bring a ship named after a Nazi war criminal into UK waters to decommission the Brent oilfield…”
In January 2015, The Observer newspaper published a major article by its then chief correspondent Ed Vulliamy under the headline:
“Jewish outrage as world’s largest ship, named after SS war criminal, arrives in Europe”.
Shell’s historians downplayed the relationship between Hitler and Deterding. As far they are concerned, the two never met. They said that a request by Sir Henri for a meeting with Hitler in March 1933 was rebuffed and disregarded Deterding’s claim that he met with Hitler in November 1933. Not only were there meetings. Deterding “was revered and ultimately mourned by Hitler.”
Shell’s historians portrayed the relationship between Deterding and Hitler as standoffish on the part of Hitler, with all of Deterding’s attempts to meet with him being rebuffed. See pages 481 to 485 of RDSH V1.
Dutch cartoons provide evidence of a perception in pre-WW2 years that Sir Henri Deterding was a major financier of Hitler’s Nazi regime. Identified by name in both cartoons, Deterding is depicted handing over a bag of money to the Nazis containing a large sum – 1000 000 00 – in unspecified currency: see enlargements 1 and 2. Overwhelming evidence confirms that the perception was well founded.
Extracts from relevant news reports and books, many authored before WW2, are listed in date order, providing compelling evidence of what transpired all those years ago.
Another hammer blow for Shell. Evidence confirms that Shell fuelled the Nazi war machine
By John Donovan: 31 May 2021 (updated JULY 2021)A new book by James Marriott and Terry Macalister reveals the extent to which the oil company Royal Dutch Shell played a key role in Hitler’s war effort.
James Marriott is a writer and activist with three decades of knowledge of the oil sector. Terry Macalister is a freelance journalist and former energy editor of the Guardian.
As the author of the Kindle book published in 2016 – Sir Henri Deterding and the Nazi History of Royal Dutch Shell – I welcome the fact that other parties have reached the same basic conclusions as I did after studying much of the same evidence.
Based on that evidence I lunched a petition several years ago demanding that Royal Dutch Shell should apologise for antisemitic conduct and Nazi support
Shell will find it more difficult to dismiss the independent findings in the new book, including from an award-winning journalist.The following extracts are from a related article by opendemocracy.net headlined: Calls for Shell to apologise for ‘fuelling Nazi war machine’ EXTRACTS FROM THE RELATED ARTICLE BY Adam Ramsay
According to ‘Crude Britannia’, by James Marriott and Terry Macalister, at the outbreak of World War Two the Anglo-Dutch company “effectively divided into an Allied corporation and an Axis corporation”. The Nazi-supporting branch of Shell, called Rhenania-Ossag, “swung in behind the [German] government as the Nazi state began to invade other countries”.
Or as Shell’s official history states ‘Following Hilter’s annexation of Austria and Czechoslovakia, (Shell) Group managing directors sanctioned Rhenania-Ossag taking over Shell companies in those countries.’ The same process took place in Hungary, Yugoslavia and Greece after Germany took control of those states.
Shell’s German subsidiary, Rhenania-Ossag, fired all the Jewish members on its board in May and June 1933. The appointments to replace them included a member of the Nazi party. The official history states, “the far reaching changes to the Rhenania-Ossag board could not have taken place without the full consent of [Shell Central Offices… No questions of principle or moral judgements about the Hitler regime appear to have arisen.” Shell’s historians were not able to establish what happened next to these Jewish staff members.
Seven years later, after Germany invaded Holland, the Swastika flew outside Shell’s HQ in The Hague.
I was originally tipped off about Shell’s concern over its past toxic history by Shell internal communications never meant for my eyes.
Shell had advance sight of my book and my website ShellNaziHistory.com. Despite aggressive threats, bluster and a global spying operation, Shell took no legal action. No multinational giant would want to draw attention to its past association with Hitler and the Nazis.
NEW BOOK: Crude Britannia: How Oil Shaped a Nation
Publisher: Pluto Press; 1st edition (20 May 2021)
Some of the information about Shell’s collaboration with the Nazis covered on pages 19, 20, 21, 22 of the main book, and pages 352, 353 and 354 from the Notes section of the book: