This is not a Shell website. You Can Be Sure Shell does not endorse or approve of this site, or its content. Royal Dutch Shell Plc threatened to take legal action in the event of publication. All bluster and bluff thus far. There are no subscription charges nor do we solicit or accept donations. It is a non-commercial entirely free to use website drawing attention to Shell’s toxic Nazi history. The Shell logo image with the white text used on this website, as per the above example, is in the public domain because its copyright has expired and its author is anonymous. It can be found on WIKIMEDIA COMMONS. Link to Shell’s own website: shell.com
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL FOUNDER SIR HENRI DETERDING, NAZI FINANCIER
NAZI HISTORY OF ROYAL DUTCH SHELL
Royal Dutch Shell conspired directly with Hitler, financed the Nazi Party, was anti-Semitic and sold out its own Dutch Jewish employees to the Nazis. Shell had a close relationship with the Nazis during and after the reign of Sir Henri Deterding, an ardent Nazi, and the founder and decades-long leader of the Royal Dutch Shell Group. His burial ceremony, which had all the trappings of a state funeral, was held at his private estate in Mecklenburg, Germany. The spectacle (photographs below) included a funeral procession led by a horse-drawn funeral hearse with senior Nazis officials and senior Royal Dutch Shell directors in attendance, Nazi salutes at the graveside, swastika banners on display and wreaths and personal tributes from Adolf Hitler and Reichsmarschall, Hermann Goring. Deterding was an honoured associate and supporter of Hitler and a personal friend of Goring.
Deterding was the guest of Hitler during a four-day summit meeting at Berchtesgaden. Sir Henri and Hitler both had ambitions on Russian oil fields. Only an honoured personal guest would be rewarded with a private four-day meeting at Hitler’s mountain top retreat.
Shell appeased and collaborated with the Nazis. The oil giant instructed its employees in the Netherlands to complete a form giving particulars about their descent, which for some, amounted to a self-declared death warrant. Shell used slave labour and was a close business partner in Germany of I.G. Farben, the notorious Nazi run chemical giant that also used slave labour and supplied the Zyklon-B gas used during the Holocaust to exterminate millions of people, including children. Shell continued the partnership with the Nazis in the years after the retirement of Sir Henri and even after his death. It was money generated on Shell forecourts around the world, profiteering from cartel oil prices, that funded the Nazi party and saved it from financial collapse. Evidence about Shell’s Nazi connections can be found in extracts from “A History of Royal Dutch Shell” Volumes 1 and 2 authored by historians paid by Shell, who had unrestricted access to Shell archives. There are 67 pages in total, so takes some time to download.
Photograph (full size here) shows a Swastika flag flying at the head office of Royal Dutch Petroleum, 30 Carel van Bylandtlaan, The Hague, during the Nazi occupation of the in World War II (From Image Database Hague Municipal)
Sir Henri Deterding (photograph above and oil painting below), the founder of the Royal Dutch Shell Group – known as “The Most Powerful Man in the World” – who became an ardent Nazi and financial supporter of Hitler and the Nazi party on behalf of his beloved company, Shell.
NAZI GERMANY NEWS NOW
HITLER & THE THIRD REICH
- 'I was a Nazi fighting a race war against Jews — now I wrap tefillin on my arm' November 17, 2022 6:58 pm The Jewish Chronicle Yonatan Langer cuts an unassuming figure nowadays. Soft-spoken and polite, the 38-year-old Tel Aviv resident wears a kippah, keeps kosher and prays every day — the model of an observant Jew. Fifteen years ago, however, he was Lutz Langer: a hardcore neo- …
- German court sentences man over neo-Nazi death threats November 17, 2022 5:14 pm Daily Sabah A German court sentenced a man on Thursday to nearly six years in prison for sending threatening, far-right messages to politicians, lawyers and journalists signed with NSU 2.0, the acronym of a neo-Nazi group, but a lawyer, who received such messages, …
- Did you like ‘A Critical Moment’? There’s still more to learn from how Germany confronts its past November 17, 2022 4:33 pm WFPL - Kentucky What happens when a society takes an unflinching look at the sins of its past? Or when it doesn’t? Earlier this year, WFPL News aired a documentary called “A Critical Moment,” reported by Jess Clark and Stephanie Wolf. It’s a cross-examination of how …
- Is Germany ending its ‘culture of memory’ of the Holocaust? - opinion November 17, 2022 3:02 pm The Jerusalem Post Germany’s Foreign Office website confirms its “unique relationship with Israel. This stems from Germany’s responsibility for the Shoah, the systematic genocide of 6 million European Jews under National Socialism.” It goes on to say that “since diplomatic …
- German authorities trying to cover up neo-Nazi scandal, says lawyer November 17, 2022 12:48 pm Anadolu Agency BERLIN German authorities are trying to cover up a neo-Nazi scandal in the police department, a prominent lawyer has told Anadolu Agency. “Several right-wing police officers were most probably involved in death threats sent to me and my family. But so far …
- Is It Proper For A Jew To Live In Germany? November 16, 2022 2:43 pm The Jewish Press Is it proper for a Jew to live in Germany? Before I took a position in Aish, my wife and I were planning on moving to Berlin, Germany. I had been offered a position at a yeshiva there. Before our big move, I went to spend a Shabbat there, to see what the …
- Russian invasion of Europe ‘more likely than ever’ & Germany may be wiped out at any moment, bombshell leaked docs warn November 15, 2022 5:13 pm The U.S. Sun A RUSSIAN invasion of Europe is "more likely than ever" and Germany could be wiped off the map at any moment, a bombshell leaked report has warned. Top military brass in Germany have urged the country to prepare itself for an impending war with …
- German Show Compares Musk to Nazi Propaganda Chief Over Free Speech Stance November 14, 2022 9:41 pm Breitbart Twitter CEO Elon Musk has been compared to Hitler’s former chief of propaganda by a German current affairs programme over his self-professed pro-free speech stance. A comedic current affairs show aired by the German state-owned broadcaster ZDF has compared …
- Russian embassy: Comparing Russia to Nazi Germany is unacceptable November 14, 2022 8:05 pm The Manila Times THE [Russian] embassy has taken note of the article "Putin: His own worst enemy" (The Manila Times, October 29) by Hermenegildo C. Cruz who is obviously stuck in the paradigm of the Cold War and continues to give assessments of modern Russia …
- Austria plans to tighten law banning use of Nazi symbols November 14, 2022 2:43 pm Cape Breton Post By Francois Murphy VIENNA (Reuters) - Austria said on Monday it would strengthen its law banning the use of various Nazi symbols to adapt to recent trends including protesters against COVID-19 restrictions likening themselves to Jews during the Holocaust. …
- A History of Royal Dutch Shell
- Adolf Hitler
- Alfred Donovan
- Alfred Rosenberg
- Ben van Beurden
- Bill Campbell
- Bing Crosby
- Business Ethics
- Business Principles
- Castle Dobbin
- Charlotte-Minna Knaack
- Corrib Gas Project
- Deutsche Gasolin A.G.
- Donald G. Lane
- Dr George Bell
- Dr. Erich Boeder
- Dr. John Huong
- Ed Vulliamy
- Eva Braun
- Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel
- Fritz De Kok
- General Alfred Jodl
- Groningen Earthquakes
- Hakluyt & Company
- Hauptmann Eckhardt von Klass
- Heinrich Himmler
- Hermann Göring
- Human Rights
- I.G. Farben
- IG Farben
- John Donovan
- John Donovan Ebook
- Joost Jonker
- Kelling Hall
- Luiten van Zanden
- Mein Kampf
- Michiel Brandjes
- Nazi Winter Help Organisation
- Niger Delta
- Nuremberg War Crimes Trials
- Oleg Mitvol
- Peter Voser
- Pieter Schelte
- Pieter Schelte Heerema
- President Putin
- Prince Bernhard
- Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
- Queen Wilhelmina
- Robert Finn
- Rominten Hunting Lodge
- Royal Dutch Petroleum Company
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Royal Dutch Shell Group
- Shell Oil
- Shell Reserves Fraud
- Shell Spying
- Sir Henri Deterding
- Sir Henri Deterding and the Nazi History Royal Dutch Shell
- Sir Henri Deterding Funeral
- Sir Mark Moody-Stuart
- Sir Philip Watts
- Slave labor
- Standard Oil
- Stephen Howarth
- Swastika flag
- The Angriff Nazi newspaper
- The Holocaust
- The Nazi Party
- The Nazis
- The Netherlands
- The Reichstag fire
- Volkischer Beobachter
- Walter C. Teagel
- World War 2
- Yes Men
- YOU CAN BE SURE OF SHELL
- Zyklon-B gas
OVER 500 EXTERNAL PUBLICATIONS CITING OUR SHELL WEBSITES
See our link list of over 500 articles by the FT, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg, Forbes, Dow Jones Newswires, New York Times, CNBC etc, plus UK House of Commons Select Committee Hansard records, information on U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission website etc. all containing references to our Shell focussed websites, or our website founders Alfred and John Donovan. Includes TV documentary features in English and German, newspaper and magazine articles, radio interviews, newsletters etc. Plus academic papers, Stratfor intelligence reports and UK, U.S. and Australian state/parliamentary publications, also citing our Shell websites. Click on this link to see the entire list, all in date order with a link to an index of over 100 books also containing references to our websites and/or our activities.
John Donovan, the website owner
A head-cut image of Alfred Donovan (now deceased) appears courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.
Category Archives: Hauptmann Eckhardt von Klass
The Shell logo is prominently displayed on tens of thousands of gasoline forecourts around the world. In the 1930‘s, there was a strong bond between its most celebrated and feared leader, Sir Henry Deterding, a Dutchmen with “extreme right-wing opinions,” and the Nazi party led by another dictator, Adolf Hitler. Deterding became an ardent Nazi and was surrounded by Nazi appeasers.
In the years just before WW2, a number of Dutch top executives at Royal Dutch Shell let their principles be corrupted by the Third Reich.
In the pre-war years, Royal Dutch Shell adopted anti-Semitic policies within its Germany subsidiary, and subsequently in the Netherlands following occupation by the Nazis. The Swastika flag flew on the classic Dutch facade of Royal Dutch’s head office at 30 Carel van Bylandtlaan in The Hague. Displayed immediately below is a screenshot of the adjacent current HQ of Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
As his infatuation with the Nazis grew, Sir Henri Deterding began making anti-Semitic remarks in his correspondence. See page 481 RDSH V1.
German forces entered Vienna on 17 March 1938 (above). The Nazis annexed Austria in what became known as the Anschluss and occupied Czechoslovakia a year later. Royal Dutch Shell authorized its German subsidiary Rhenania-Ossag, to take over Shell operating companies in both countries.
Being one of the two biggest German oil concerns and the main lube oil manufacturer, Shell subsidiary Rhenania-Ossag was an industry leader in Nazi Germany. Many of its directors and staff were Nazis.
Following Hitler’s annexation of Austria on 12 March 1938 (photo) and the Nazi occupation of Czechoslovakia in March 1939, Dutch directors of Royal Dutch gave approval to Rhenania-Ossag taking over the Shell operating companies in those countries.
The Nazis presented considerable challenges to Royal Dutch Shell over control of its subsidiaries in occupied countries. The above caricature (and seated Nazi officer in the photograph) is a former Shell director, Hauptmann Eckhardt von Klass. He was the Verwalter (administrator) appointed by the Nazis to “exercise supervision over Group companies in occupied Europe.” See pages 80 and 81 from RDSH V2.
Before, during, and after World War 2, Royal Dutch Shell was the owner of companies located in Germany and Nazi-occupied Europe, including Rhenania-Ossag.