This is not a Shell website. You Can Be Sure Shell does not endorse or approve of this site, or its content. Royal Dutch Shell Plc threatened to take legal action in the event of publication. All bluster and bluff thus far. There are no subscription charges nor do we solicit or accept donations. It is a non-commercial entirely free to use website drawing attention to Shell’s toxic Nazi history. The Shell logo image with the white text used on this website, as per the above example, is in the public domain because its copyright has expired and its author is anonymous. It can be found on WIKIMEDIA COMMONS. Link to Shell’s own website: shell.com
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL FOUNDER SIR HENRI DETERDING, NAZI FINANCIER
NAZI HISTORY OF ROYAL DUTCH SHELL
Royal Dutch Shell conspired directly with Hitler, financed the Nazi Party, was anti-Semitic and sold out its own Dutch Jewish employees to the Nazis. Shell had a close relationship with the Nazis during and after the reign of Sir Henri Deterding, an ardent Nazi, and the founder and decades-long leader of the Royal Dutch Shell Group. His burial ceremony, which had all the trappings of a state funeral, was held at his private estate in Mecklenburg, Germany. The spectacle (photographs below) included a funeral procession led by a horse-drawn funeral hearse with senior Nazis officials and senior Royal Dutch Shell directors in attendance, Nazi salutes at the graveside, swastika banners on display and wreaths and personal tributes from Adolf Hitler and Reichsmarschall, Hermann Goring. Deterding was an honoured associate and supporter of Hitler and a personal friend of Goring.
Deterding was the guest of Hitler during a four-day summit meeting at Berchtesgaden. Sir Henri and Hitler both had ambitions on Russian oil fields. Only an honoured personal guest would be rewarded with a private four-day meeting at Hitler’s mountain top retreat.
Shell appeased and collaborated with the Nazis. The oil giant instructed its employees in the Netherlands to complete a form giving particulars about their descent, which for some, amounted to a self-declared death warrant. Shell used slave labour and was a close business partner in Germany of I.G. Farben, the notorious Nazi run chemical giant that also used slave labour and supplied the Zyklon-B gas used during the Holocaust to exterminate millions of people, including children. Shell continued the partnership with the Nazis in the years after the retirement of Sir Henri and even after his death. It was money generated on Shell forecourts around the world, profiteering from cartel oil prices, that funded the Nazi party and saved it from financial collapse. Evidence about Shell’s Nazi connections can be found in extracts from “A History of Royal Dutch Shell” Volumes 1 and 2 authored by historians paid by Shell, who had unrestricted access to Shell archives. There are 67 pages in total, so takes some time to download.
Photograph (full size here) shows a Swastika flag flying at the head office of Royal Dutch Petroleum, 30 Carel van Bylandtlaan, The Hague, during the Nazi occupation of the in World War II (From Image Database Hague Municipal)
Sir Henri Deterding (photograph above and oil painting below), the founder of the Royal Dutch Shell Group – known as “The Most Powerful Man in the World” – who became an ardent Nazi and financial supporter of Hitler and the Nazi party on behalf of his beloved company, Shell.
The caption says: “Oil painting of Sir Henri Deterding, controversial leader of Royal Dutch Shell”.
NAZI GERMANY NEWS NOW
HITLER & THE THIRD REICH
- What did Naseeruddin Shah say on the success of ‘The Kerala Story’…Anurag Thakur gave a befitting reply June 1, 2023 5:12 pm Hindustan News Hub The Kerala Story Controversy: The film ‘The Kerala Story’ has been a matter of controversy and debate even before its release. Although the film was released, it was liked by the audience and the crowd of people still at the theaters makes it clear that …
- 'I am deeply touched': Churchill's original signed letter to well-wishers after Britain's victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two is valued at $200K June 1, 2023 4:26 pm Daily Mail The original version of a signed letter which Winston Churchill sent to wellwishers after Britain's victory in the Second World War is set to fetch up to £160,000 at auction. The document is on paper marked with the official stamp of the Prime Minister …
- Croatian president Milanović compares 'Slava Ukraini' salute to 'Sieg Heil' June 1, 2023 4:09 pm Euronews The Croatian president's remark is the latest in a line of controversial statements over the past year. In an off-colour statement on Wednesday, Croatian President Zoran Milanović landed himself in hot water after comparing the Ukrainian patriotic …
- Anurag Thakur Reacts To Naseeruddin Shah's Comment On The Kerala Story: 'People Liked The Movie' June 1, 2023 3:51 pm ABP Live New Delhi: Actor Naseeruddin Shah recently spoke on the controversial film 'The Kerala Story'. He criticised Sudipto Sen’s film and said that he has no intention of watching the movie. He also called people flocking to theatres to watch such movies …
- How an American Psychiatrist Inspired a Street Name in Germany--and Why That's So Unusual June 1, 2023 3:48 pm Scientific American In 1992, a Dutch physician named Josh von Soer Clemm von Hohenberg wrote a letter to Henning Voscherau, the mayor of Hamburg, Germany, requesting to name a street after Marie Nyswander. The doctor had never met Marie, but had founded a clinic treating …
- Revealed: How Israel Turned Nazi War Criminals Into Mossad Agents June 1, 2023 3:46 pm Haaretz One day, two and a half years ago, the Jerusalem-based historian Danny Orbach received a surprising phone call from his wife. She told him that a “huge, fat envelope” was sticking precariously out of their mailbox, and that it bore the logo of the Prime …
- Churchill's letter after Britain's victory over Nazi Germany in WWII valued at $200K June 1, 2023 3:18 pm Daily Mail The original version of a signed letter which Winston Churchill sent to wellwishers after Britain's victory in the Second World War is set to fetch up to £160,000 at auction. The document is on paper marked with the official stamp of the Prime Minister …
- Croatian president likens 'Slava Ukraini' slogan to 'Sieg Heil' salute June 1, 2023 2:51 pm Euronews Croatian premier's condemnation is the latest in a line of controversial statements over the past year. In an off-colour statement on Wednesday, Croatian President Zoran Milanović landed himself in hot water after comparing the Ukrainian patriotic …
- Naseeruddin Shah slams ‘The Kerala Story’, compares Adah Sharma-starrer to propaganda films of Nazi Germany June 1, 2023 1:48 pm The Economic Times Since its release, ‘The Kerala Story’ has been in the news - both for the right as well as the wrong reasons. The Adah Sharma starrer was lambasted by critics for triggering communal tensions and misleading the public through misinformation. However, …
- Priceless painting looted during WWII returned to Poland from Japan June 1, 2023 12:08 pm First News (TFN) A ceremony was held at the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Tokyo at 4 a.m. Polish time on Wednesday during which Madonna with Child by Italian master Alessandro Turchi was handed over to representatives from the Polish embassy. kultura_gov_pl/ …
- A History of Royal Dutch Shell
- Adolf Hitler
- Alfred Donovan
- Alfred Rosenberg
- Ben van Beurden
- Bill Campbell
- Bing Crosby
- Business Ethics
- Business Principles
- Castle Dobbin
- Charlotte-Minna Knaack
- Corrib Gas Project
- Deutsche Gasolin A.G.
- Donald G. Lane
- Dr George Bell
- Dr. Erich Boeder
- Dr. John Huong
- Ed Vulliamy
- Eva Braun
- Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel
- Fritz De Kok
- General Alfred Jodl
- Groningen Earthquakes
- Hakluyt & Company
- Hauptmann Eckhardt von Klass
- Heinrich Himmler
- Hermann Göring
- Human Rights
- I.G. Farben
- IG Farben
- John Donovan
- John Donovan Ebook
- Joost Jonker
- Kelling Hall
- Luiten van Zanden
- Mein Kampf
- Michiel Brandjes
- Nazi Winter Help Organisation
- Niger Delta
- Nuremberg War Crimes Trials
- Oleg Mitvol
- Peter Voser
- Pieter Schelte
- Pieter Schelte Heerema
- President Putin
- Prince Bernhard
- Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
- Queen Wilhelmina
- Robert Finn
- Rominten Hunting Lodge
- Royal Dutch Petroleum Company
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Royal Dutch Shell Group
- Shell Oil
- Shell Reserves Fraud
- Shell Spying
- Sir Henri Deterding
- Sir Henri Deterding and the Nazi History Royal Dutch Shell
- Sir Henri Deterding Funeral
- Sir Mark Moody-Stuart
- Sir Philip Watts
- Slave labor
- Standard Oil
- Stephen Howarth
- Swastika flag
- The Angriff Nazi newspaper
- The Holocaust
- The Nazi Party
- The Nazis
- The Netherlands
- The Reichstag fire
- Volkischer Beobachter
- Walter C. Teagel
- World War 2
- Yes Men
- YOU CAN BE SURE OF SHELL
- Zyklon-B gas
OVER 500 EXTERNAL PUBLICATIONS CITING OUR SHELL WEBSITES
See our link list of over 500 articles by the FT, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg, Forbes, Dow Jones Newswires, New York Times, CNBC etc, plus UK House of Commons Select Committee Hansard records, information on U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission website etc. all containing references to our Shell focussed websites, or our website founders Alfred and John Donovan. Includes TV documentary features in English and German, newspaper and magazine articles, radio interviews, newsletters etc. Plus academic papers, Stratfor intelligence reports and UK, U.S. and Australian state/parliamentary publications, also citing our Shell websites. Click on this link to see the entire list, all in date order with a link to an index of over 100 books also containing references to our websites and/or our activities.
John Donovan, the website owner
A head-cut image of Alfred Donovan (now deceased) appears courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.
Category Archives: Bataafsche
CHAPTER 3: Royal Dutch Shell and the Nazis
The Shell logo is prominently displayed on tens of thousands of gasoline forecourts around the world. In the 1930‘s, there was a strong bond between its most celebrated and feared leader, Sir Henry Deterding, a Dutchmen with “extreme right-wing opinions,” and the Nazi party led by another dictator, Adolf Hitler. Deterding became an ardent Nazi and was surrounded by Nazi appeasers.
In the years just before WW2, a number of Dutch top executives at Royal Dutch Shell let their principles be corrupted by the Third Reich.
CHAPTER 5: The Nazi Funeral of Royal Dutch Shell leader Sir Henri Deterding
On 10 February 1939, a burial ceremony with many of the trappings of a state funeral was held at a private estate near Berlin. The spectacle included a funeral procession led by a horse-drawn funeral hearse with senior Nazis officials and Shell directors in attendance. An indication of the high esteem in which Sir Henri Deterding was held by his Shell colleagues and by Adolf Hitler, who sent a wreath.
Sir Henri Deterding, a foreign national, was honored with what amounted to a state funeral in Germany, where he was buried.
CHAPTER 8: Royal Dutch Shell Anti-Semitism
In the pre-war years, Royal Dutch Shell adopted anti-Semitic policies within its Germany subsidiary, and subsequently in the Netherlands following occupation by the Nazis. The Swastika flag flew on the classic Dutch facade of Royal Dutch’s head office at 30 Carel van Bylandtlaan in The Hague. Displayed immediately below is a screenshot of the adjacent current HQ of Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
As his infatuation with the Nazis grew, Sir Henri Deterding began making anti-Semitic remarks in his correspondence. See page 481 RDSH V1.