This is not a Shell website. You Can Be Sure Shell does not endorse or approve of this site, or its content. Royal Dutch Shell Plc threatened to take legal action in the event of publication. All bluster and bluff thus far. There are no subscription charges nor do we solicit or accept donations. It is a non-commercial entirely free to use website drawing attention to Shell’s toxic Nazi history. The Shell logo image with the white text used on this website, as per the above example, is in the public domain because its copyright has expired and its author is anonymous. It can be found on WIKIMEDIA COMMONS. Link to Shell’s own website: shell.com
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL FOUNDER SIR HENRI DETERDING, NAZI FINANCIER
NAZI HISTORY OF ROYAL DUTCH SHELL
Royal Dutch Shell conspired directly with Hitler, financed the Nazi Party, was anti-Semitic and sold out its own Dutch Jewish employees to the Nazis. Shell had a close relationship with the Nazis during and after the reign of Sir Henri Deterding, an ardent Nazi, and the founder and decades-long leader of the Royal Dutch Shell Group. His burial ceremony, which had all the trappings of a state funeral, was held at his private estate in Mecklenburg, Germany. The spectacle (photographs below) included a funeral procession led by a horse-drawn funeral hearse with senior Nazis officials and senior Royal Dutch Shell directors in attendance, Nazi salutes at the graveside, swastika banners on display and wreaths and personal tributes from Adolf Hitler and Reichsmarschall, Hermann Goring. Deterding was an honoured associate and supporter of Hitler and a personal friend of Goring.
Deterding was the guest of Hitler during a four-day summit meeting at Berchtesgaden. Sir Henri and Hitler both had ambitions on Russian oil fields. Only an honoured personal guest would be rewarded with a private four-day meeting at Hitler’s mountain top retreat.
Shell appeased and collaborated with the Nazis. The oil giant instructed its employees in the Netherlands to complete a form giving particulars about their descent, which for some, amounted to a self-declared death warrant. Shell used slave labour and was a close business partner in Germany of I.G. Farben, the notorious Nazi run chemical giant that also used slave labour and supplied the Zyklon-B gas used during the Holocaust to exterminate millions of people, including children. Shell continued the partnership with the Nazis in the years after the retirement of Sir Henri and even after his death. It was money generated on Shell forecourts around the world, profiteering from cartel oil prices, that funded the Nazi party and saved it from financial collapse. Evidence about Shell’s Nazi connections can be found in extracts from “A History of Royal Dutch Shell” Volumes 1 and 2 authored by historians paid by Shell, who had unrestricted access to Shell archives. There are 67 pages in total, so takes some time to download.
Photograph (full size here) shows a Swastika flag flying at the head office of Royal Dutch Petroleum, 30 Carel van Bylandtlaan, The Hague, during the Nazi occupation of the in World War II (From Image Database Hague Municipal)
Sir Henri Deterding (photograph above and oil painting below), the founder of the Royal Dutch Shell Group – known as “The Most Powerful Man in the World” – who became an ardent Nazi and financial supporter of Hitler and the Nazi party on behalf of his beloved company, Shell.
NAZI GERMANY NEWS NOW
HITLER & THE THIRD REICH
- Group at centre of Nazi uniform row at 1940s festival insist they were NOT dressed as Germans but instead foreign troops who joined the SS to fight Stalin's Red Army September 20, 2023 3:07 pm Daily Mail Men who wore Nazi SS uniforms while attending a popular 1940s festival insisted they were not dressed as Germans and were instead depicting troops who fought against Stalin. The men were wearing uniforms bearing swastikas and the Nazi 'death's head …
- Germany’s Ukraine tank blunder is embarrassing for Berlin September 20, 2023 9:57 am The Spectator Ukraine is reported to have rejected a consignment of Germany’s Leopard 1 tanks – on the grounds that they are technically flawed, and that Ukrainian engineers lack the skills and training to fix them. Embarrassingly for Germany, this is the second time …
- Blokes dressed in Nazi uniforms crash quiet seaside town's '1940s festival' September 20, 2023 9:33 am Daily Star A group of blokes decided to dress up in Nazi SS troops while attending a local 1940s festival. The group showed up at Sheringham High Street, Norfolk to take part in the annual festival, which celebrates cultural symbols of the 40s. It also highlights the …
- ‘Mrs Bratwurst-Kraut-Nazi’: Russell Brand once slammed Queen Elizabeth II September 20, 2023 2:07 am Sky News Australia Embattled comedian Russell Brand once slammed the late Queen Elizabeth II despite previously performing for the Monarch at the 2007 Royal Variety Performance. Brand has been accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse by four accusers during a …
- After police operation, Germany bans yet another neo-Nazi group September 19, 2023 10:22 pm Global Happenings According to authorities, sound files, copies of books and flags with swastikas were seized; group has approximately 130 members, according to the Ministry of the Interior Odd ANDERSEN / AFPOperation mobilized 700 police officers and five teams of …
- UAE condemns Mahmoud Abbas' claim that Hitler killed Jews because of 'social role' September 19, 2023 7:17 pm The Jewish Chronicle The UAE foreign minister has condemned Mahmoud Abbas' claims that Hitler fought with the Jews 'because of their social role and not because of their religion'.Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyan said the remarks on Jews and the …
- Jewish life in Germany: Europe's rabbis move their headquarters to Munich September 19, 2023 7:15 pm Deutsche Welle Some 67 years after the Conference of European Rabbis (CER) was founded in London, the organization has moved its headquarters to the Bavarian capital, Munich, on September 19, 2023. There, it has opened a Center for Jewish Life with educational programs …
- Historian blasts men dressed as Nazi SS as 'flabby 'Allo 'Allo wannabes' who have no historical value after furious locals clash with Swastika-clad group at popular 1940s festival September 19, 2023 5:42 pm Daily Mail An historian has blasted men dressed as Nazi SS guards as being 'flabby wannabes' whose outfits add no historical value after furious locals clashed with the Swastika-clad group at a popular 1940s war weekend. Guy Walters, a historian and author …
- Men dressed as Nazi SS clash with furious locals as cops escort them off high street during Sheringham 1940s weekend September 19, 2023 11:54 am The Sun A GROUP of men dressed as Nazi SS death troopers sparked fury at a 1940s festival - before cops escorted them away following a fight. Pictures show at least ten men in leather trench coats, SS markings on their collars, Swastikas and evil 'Totenkopf…
- McDonald’s fan left stunned after finding Hitler’s face on his breakfast flatbread September 18, 2023 11:50 pm The Scottish Sun A McDONALD’S fan got a reich shock when he saw Nazi leader Adolf Hitler in his breakfast. Adam Peermamode found the Fuhrer’s face as he unwrapped his flatbread. 2 Adam Peermamode was shocked to find Hitler's face on his McDonald's breakfastCredit: …
- A History of Royal Dutch Shell
- Adolf Hitler
- Alfred Donovan
- Alfred Rosenberg
- Ben van Beurden
- Bill Campbell
- Bing Crosby
- Business Ethics
- Business Principles
- Castle Dobbin
- Charlotte-Minna Knaack
- Corrib Gas Project
- Deutsche Gasolin A.G.
- Donald G. Lane
- Dr George Bell
- Dr. Erich Boeder
- Dr. John Huong
- Ed Vulliamy
- Eva Braun
- Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel
- Fritz De Kok
- General Alfred Jodl
- Groningen Earthquakes
- Hakluyt & Company
- Hauptmann Eckhardt von Klass
- Heinrich Himmler
- Hermann Göring
- Human Rights
- I.G. Farben
- IG Farben
- John Donovan
- John Donovan Ebook
- Joost Jonker
- Kelling Hall
- Luiten van Zanden
- Mein Kampf
- Michiel Brandjes
- Nazi Winter Help Organisation
- Niger Delta
- Nuremberg War Crimes Trials
- Oleg Mitvol
- Peter Voser
- Pieter Schelte
- Pieter Schelte Heerema
- President Putin
- Prince Bernhard
- Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
- Queen Wilhelmina
- Robert Finn
- Rominten Hunting Lodge
- Royal Dutch Petroleum Company
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Royal Dutch Shell Group
- Shell Oil
- Shell Reserves Fraud
- Shell Spying
- Sir Henri Deterding
- Sir Henri Deterding and the Nazi History Royal Dutch Shell
- Sir Henri Deterding Funeral
- Sir Mark Moody-Stuart
- Sir Philip Watts
- Slave labor
- Standard Oil
- Stephen Howarth
- Swastika flag
- The Angriff Nazi newspaper
- The Holocaust
- The Nazi Party
- The Nazis
- The Netherlands
- The Reichstag fire
- Volkischer Beobachter
- Walter C. Teagel
- World War 2
- Yes Men
- YOU CAN BE SURE OF SHELL
- Zyklon-B gas
OVER 500 EXTERNAL PUBLICATIONS CITING OUR SHELL WEBSITES
See our link list of over 500 articles by the FT, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg, Forbes, Dow Jones Newswires, New York Times, CNBC etc, plus UK House of Commons Select Committee Hansard records, information on U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission website etc. all containing references to our Shell focussed websites, or our website founders Alfred and John Donovan. Includes TV documentary features in English and German, newspaper and magazine articles, radio interviews, newsletters etc. Plus academic papers, Stratfor intelligence reports and UK, U.S. and Australian state/parliamentary publications, also citing our Shell websites. Click on this link to see the entire list, all in date order with a link to an index of over 100 books also containing references to our websites and/or our activities.
John Donovan, the website owner
A head-cut image of Alfred Donovan (now deceased) appears courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.
Tag Archives: Holocaust
SUMMARY OF FEATURED CONTENT FROM THE EBOOK “SIR HENRI DETERDING AND THE NAZI HISTORY OF ROYAL DUTCH SHELL”
Deterding’s massive funding for Hitlers Winterhilfswerk (added 2 Aug 2019)
Royal Dutch Shell Corporate Collaboration with the Nazis: added Oct 2021
Royal Dutch Shell should apologise for antisemitic conduct and Nazi support
By John Donovan
I strongly believe that Royal Dutch Shell should be held accountable for its outrageous antisemitic actions against its own employees, which cost some of them their lives. The same applies to Shell’s huge financial support for Nazi Germany that contributed to the deaths of some 50 million victims in WW2 including those poor souls who perished in the Holocaust. Shell’s leader, Sir Henri Deterding, was an ardent Nazi feted by Adolf Hitler. Shell has never apologised or expressed any remorse.
Several IG Farben directors were found guilty of war crimes arising from their actions during WW2. The firm manufactured large quantities of Zyklon-B gas used by the Nazis to kill millions of Jews at extermination camps during the Holocaust. Royal Dutch Shell was a business partner of I.G. Farben both in Germany and globally.
Prior to WW2, Royal Dutch Shell had been a business partner both internationally and in Germany, with I.G. Farben (Interessen-Gemeinschaft Farbenindustrie AG.
IG Farben was formed in 1925 from a number of chemical companies and became the largest chemical company in the world. Involved in war crimes during WW2, the company was seized by the Allies in 1945 and liquidated in 1952.
Dutch cartoons provide evidence of a perception in pre-WW2 years that Sir Henri Deterding was a major financier of Hitler’s Nazi regime. Identified by name in both cartoons, Deterding is depicted handing over a bag of money to the Nazis containing a large sum – 1000 000 00 – in unspecified currency: see enlargements 1 and 2. Overwhelming evidence confirms that the perception was well founded.
Extracts from relevant news reports and books, many authored before WW2, are listed in date order, providing compelling evidence of what transpired all those years ago.
Wiesenthal Centre to Royal Dutch Shell CEO: ‘Disassociate Your Company from Glorification of a Nazi War Criminal’
I recently became aware of a letter (see below) which a director of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre sent to Royal Dutch Shell CEO Ben van Beurden on 5 February 2015. The communication stemmed from my campaigning activities that ended with Allseas renaming the worlds largest ship. It had been named in honour of a Waffen SS officer, Pieter Schelte Heerema (right). I will shortly be supplying the Simon Wiesenthal Centre with a trove of evidence about Shell’s Nazi history including its close partnership in Nazi Germany with IG Farben, the chemical giant which manufactured the gas used to exterminate several million Jewish people in the Holocaust. Dutch Directors of the Royal Dutch Shell Group including Sir Henri Deterding helped finance Hitler and the Nazi Party.